On November 15th 2018, the Office of the Commissioner will host a Housing Expo in the Kingscote Town Hall, from 3.00pm – 7.00pm.
The Expo is a result of work undertaken by the Housing Local Advisory Board which identified a need for more information to be provided to residents about the housing challenges on the Island, and this triggered the need for discussions regarding:
- Affordable housing options for Island residents;
- Housing design to meet financial challenges of a build on KI;
- Options for access to finance;
- The need for more residential rental properties;
- New jobs emerging through new projects and the consequent need for housing;
- Energy efficient approaches in design;
- State and Local Government decision making processes;
- Current affordable housing and aged housing proposals; and
- Government housing – future options and current plans.
Invitations to exhibit at the Expo have been extended to designers and builders both on and off the Island, relevant State and Local Government Planning departments, Utilities providers, Real Estate Agents, financial institutions, Council and other relevant housing organisations that will provide specialist information.